Saturday, February 14, 2015

Psalm 17:15 Inductive Bible Study: Contentment 2/13

Psalm 17:15 says, "As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness."

My ultimate goal is heaven. In the midst of the pain of this world, my hope is the day when I wake up in my glorified body in the likeness of God and see His Face. In the end, it doesn't matter what I have or don't have here on earth because when I get to heaven there will be no sorrow or pain and I will be praising God for eternity. I don't think satisfied even begins to explain what it will feel like to be in heaven. 

When I was a little girl, "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe was my favorite song on planet earth. I would sing all the parts by myself along to the radio and the album that the song was on was the first CD I ever got. So anyways, that song is talking about what it might be like to be in heaven. The chorus goes like this: "Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus? Or in awe of you be still? Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing Hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all? I can only imagine when all I would do is forever worship you." 

Whatever it's like, I will be more than satisfied. I want to be content and grateful for everything that I have while I'm here because my eyes are on the Lord and my eternity in heaven. I absolutely by no means deserve that sort of future. But my Savior gave His perfect life so that I can spend my forever praising my Heavenly Daddy. How incredible is that? So what am I doing with what He has given me while I'm on earth? Am I content with what I have or am I grumbling and coveting? Do I have my eyes fixed on furthering His kingdom or my kingdom? 

So I know that I'm going but am I doing everything I can to tell everyone that I can the Good News so that they can see His face in righteousness and spend eternity praising Him too? I have this amazing hope for a future outside of this world of hurt and I want to share that hope. Life can get frustrating and I can focus on being discontent with what I have but I need to turn my eyes to heaven and realize that the Creator of the universe will never leave me or forsake me and that I will get to spend eternity with him. I honestly can't wait. 

Application:

I want to remember the promise of Heaven that I have been given whenever I get discouraged with the trials of this world. Today, I will memorize this verse and hang it up on my bed post.

No comments:

Post a Comment