Thursday, September 3, 2015

Field Time so far... Months 4 and 5

      As I type this, there are exactly 5 weeks until my team and I leave Guatemala for reentry in Montana with the rest of our class. How did this happen so quickly? I swear it was January yesterday! These last 8 months have been amazing and God has been so good and faithful in showing me what a mess my life was without Him and the amazing plans that He has for me and desires for me to walk in.

     So somehow, I completely spaced out on writing an update for July- August, so this month's update will be about mid-July – mid-September.

     July and August were full of missions trips. So busy. So good. Almost every week we had a new team coming in from different places in the States. It has been amazing getting to meet so many new people, hear what God is doing in their lives, and share with them what the Lord has done in my life through this year. With the missions teams, we did outreaches in markets and parks, went to the hospital, threw huge, carnival type Kid's Clubs (which the kids LOVED by the way), and went to the dump in Esquintla. One of my team's new favorite outreaches that we just started doing a few months ago is bring pancakes and eggs to Antigua's Central Park and giving them away to the vendor's that work there. These outreaches are full of fun times, huge smiles and fellowship.

     So, most likely, the reason that I forgot to write an update is because the second week of August, a team of Potter's Field Sponsors came and that week was EXTREMELY busy and amazing. God blessed me so much during that trip through the people that I met. He also confirmed a calling in my heart that I had started feeling but wasn't sure about.

     In the midst of all the missions team, we are still teaching at four schools a week and having between 1 and 3 Kid's Clubs a week at different locations. God is so good. He is so faithful and He is still teaching me more about Himself every day.

     Thank you for your prayers and support! I am excited for what the Lord has to show me in the last few months of this amazing journey.

By His Grace,


MaKayla  

No comments:

Post a Comment