Tuesday, September 22, 2015

No Condemnation... Romans 8:1


Romans 8:1 says,
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.”

So my life was really messed up last year. I made a lot of really stupid decisions and blatantly sinned against the Lord. I lived in a mess of disgusting sin, complete hypocrisy and false holiness. I pretended to have a relationship with Christ while running fast and hard away from Him. At the beginning of this year, God rescued me from myself and showed me that I am not too far from His saving grace. Something that I face on a pretty regular basis is memories and guilt from what I did. I am no longer living in that sin but that doesn't mean that I don't still have consequences from it. So yesterday was one of those days where I had to come face to face with my past and recount the things that I had done. Something though that is so important but often hard to remember is that my past is exactly that, past. It's gone; behind me. I am washed in the Blood of the Lamb and I am in Christ Jesus. Now because I am in Christ Jesus I need to know that there is no condemnation for me. There is conviction from the Holy Spirit when I sin but no condemnation. The devil is constantly trying to drag us down and away from God. One of the ways that he accomplishes this is by throwing condemnation at us. He wants us to believe that we are too bad; too far from grace; not good enough for God to love. But those thoughts are not from God. I am not worthless. I am not too far gone. I have made bad choices. I have hurt people. But I am in Christ Jesus and now I have a future. I am free from the chains of sin and condemnation. Satan can try to throw these things in my face but they no longer have any truth in Christ. I don't have to live in fear of not having a future because of the truth of this next verse:

Romans 8:28 says,
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

My application for this week is to write “no condemnation” on my right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment