Sunday, August 23, 2015

Stones of Remembrance... Joshua 4:2-7

Joshua 4:2, 6-7
“‘Take for yourselves twelve stones from here, out of the midst of the Jordan, from the place where the priests’ feet stood firm... that this may be a sign among you when your children ask in time to come, saying, ‘What do these stones mean to you?’ Then you shall answer them that the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord; when it crossed over the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. And these stones shall be for a memorial to the children of Israel forever.”

My life has been filled with things that I now look back at as memorial stones...

 God has protected and delivered me numerous times. The biggest time that comes to mind though is from this past year. It was my crossing the Jordan. I was living a completely hypocritical lifestyle; completely backslidden and blatantly running away from the Lord. I don't know why, but the Lord broke into my life and plucked me up out of that lifestyle of sin and placed me in a safe place. What the Lord has done in my life is something that I could never do on my own.

 Since then, God has shown me many things. He has provided. He has loved me even when I'm confused, scared or angry and I just want to run away. He has broken the me that I had made and started to mold me into who He wants me to be. He has provided me with so many memorial stones so that when I start to doubt, I can look back and remember what He has done and what He brought me from. The memorial stones are also there so that I can point others to His faithfulness. When they doubt or are afraid, I can tell them about what He has done in my life. One day, I'll be able to tell my children about what God has done. I can tell them of His love, grace and forgiveness. 

My application this week is to draw a picture of what these verses mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment