Friday, September 4, 2015

Knocked Down, Not Knocked Out... 2 Corinthians 4:6-10

2nd Corinthians 4:6-10
“For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.” 

So we had a missions team come stay with us last week from Calvary Chapel San Juan Capistrano in California and their youth pastor, Pastor Andrew, shared at chapel last Thursday on 2nd Corinthians 4 and this passage (verses 6-10) really stuck out to me. 

We are earthen vessels filled with the power of God. We're like broken falling apart treasure chests that really shouldn't be holding treasure because it keeps spilling out. But as the treasures falls out it effects others.  

There has been a lot of visible change in my heart and mind in the last 8 months. The Lord has done an amazing work in me and I don't say that to boast but to say that I can't explain it except for Jesus. He is so good and for some reason He wants to work in me and every other sinner in this broken world to touch others for Him. It is obvious that I am just a powerless earthen vessel and so when God uses me, it's SO obvious that it is Him and not me because I really am powerless and on my own not capable of doing anything truly good. My prayer is that when people see me, they understand that nothing good that I do is of me but it is the power of the Lord; I really have nothing to do with it.

As a follower of Christ, I have seen and will see hard times. There is pressure from the world. There is confusion, persecution and pain. But these things cannot truly hurt me. Sure, it hurts in this life but this earthly life is not all I have. I'm going to heaven. Right now, I'm only knocked down, not knocked out. I am promised persecution in this life, it will happen. But God. I don't have to fear the things that happen to me here. I know that it is all for the glory of my God and I will come face to face with Him one day and I want to know that I knew my role in this world, in this ministry that is my life. This life is not about me. This ministry is not about me. Salvation has nothing to do with me and everything to do with God and that brings me so much joy. I cannot save myself and I don't have to try. It's all about Jesus. This life is not really mine. I am called to die daily that Christ may live through me. I remember what the death of my Jesus has done for me so that His resurrection power may shine through my life. 

My application this week is to write “Knocked down, not knocked out” on my right wrist and “It's not about me but about Him” on my left wrist as reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment