Friday, March 13, 2015

Philippians 2:5-6 Inductive Bible Study Adaptability 2/25

Philippians 2:5-6 say, "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God."

Ok, so because of how my assigned verses are set up this week, I can't really look at this in the context of the next verse which would make it a lot clearer. But, so that I don't get blasphemous here by explaining it how it sounds if you just read it in the context of only these two verses, for today, I am going to dissect these and look at them as two separate statements and tomorrow I can connect them.

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ." Ok so as a Christ-Follower, I am supposed to be likeminded with Christ. That is really helpful in the context of my verses from the last two days because without having the same mind as Christ, I cannot possibly look at others as better than myself or consider their interests instead of just my own. On my own and in my own nature, I am selfish. Christ is not selfish. He is perfect. He gave His life for me, a sinner, even while He knew that I would choose sin. He considered my need for God and did whatever He needed to meet that need which led to being tortured and murdered on a cross for me, the death of a criminal, the death that I was supposed to die, even though He was blameless.

"Who, being in the form of God, (Jesus) did not consider it robbery to be equal with God." Jesus is God. They are equal. Jesus is fully man and fully God. He wasn't robbing by calling Himself God. God came to earth in the form of man through Jesus. It blows my mind every day that the God that created the universe humbled himself to be a man and to die on a cross so that I can be forgiven of my sin and have a relationship with Him. He is the only one that truly understands how incredibly unworthy I am of His healing and forgiveness yet He is the one who has compassion for me and made a way. How great is my God…

Application:

Today, I will pray to see others the way that Jesus sees them and that I will be likeminded with Christ and also that I will understand the intensity of the sacrifice that Christ, in the form of God, gave for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment