Friday, March 20, 2015

Acts 2:42 Inductive Bible Study: Unity 3/9

Acts 2:42 says, "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers."

So in the context of the passage for this week, there were a lot of people getting saved into the early church and according to this verse, unity was a huge part of their lives. They were like sponges and absorbed everything that they could from the apostles about the Bible. They stayed in constant fellowship. They ate together and the breaking of bread might be referring to Communion and remembering Christ's sacrifice. And they continued in prayers. That looks like a pretty healthy church example

Can I say these things about my life? Am I continuing steadfastly in the word and listening to teachings and wisdom from godly people that God has placed in my life? Am I in constant fellowship and praying on my own with other believers?  We get a lot of homework right now during training and it's hard to balance fellowship and studying. I know something that I tend to do is sacrifice time with my team to do homework, even if it's just trying to get ahead. I get overwhelmed and so I feel like it's better to just study when time with my team might be more important at that time. I just need to have discernment and prioritize better. There is a time to buckle down and get work done and there is a time to spend time with my family here and get to know them better.

Maintaining unity with anyone is always hard, even when it's fellow believers, and especially when you're living so closely with so many people. All of these things are extremely important in maintaining unity. If I'm not in the Word and drawing near to God, praying and continuing in fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ, there is no way that there will be unity.

Application:
Today, I will tape this verse to my bed as a reminder to maintain fellowship and how.

No comments:

Post a Comment