Friday, March 20, 2015

Acts 2:43 Inductive Bible Study: Unity 3/10

Acts 2:42 says, "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers."

Acts 2:43 says, "Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles."

Ok adding on to yesterday. So, we need to be in the Word, in fellowship and praying and out of all of those things came unity. Because of their unity, godly fellowshipping and close fellowship with God, a godly fear came down on them. Ok so because fear of the Almighty God came down on every soul, they were convicted and saw how they needed to change and because of that, I believe that wonders and signs were able to be done through the apostles.

I love the wording of the next part. "Many wonders and signs were done through the apostles." It doesn't say that the apostles did the wonders and signs directly, but the wonders and signs were done through them. They were just the vessels for awesome things to be done. God just used them to show how awesome He is. It wasn't the apostles. To run off on a bit of a side tangent, am I wanting to be used to because I want to be looked at for how cool I am or do I want God to use me because I want people to see God doing miraculous things through a weak and unworthy vessel and see how amazing He is? I know that in the past it was my tendency to lean towards the first thing because I'm selfish and I like attention. But now I'm realizing how ridiculously worthless I am without Jesus and how much I need Him. So when people look at me, there's really nothing to see, but if God uses my broken life to do amazing things for His glory and I give Him all the glory, people can look at me and really see how amazing my God is because I would be nothing on my own.

Is this an example of what could happen to us if we are in godly fellowship and are experiencing God's presence and have a reverent fear of Him? If we are not in the Word, fellowshipping with other believers, and praying, we will not see the fruit of wonders and signs in our lives.  Do we have God's fear in our souls?  Obviously this verse puts a lot of questions in my mind but I think it's awesome. Obviously, a fear from heaven (because it came down) came on every soul there. That right there brings a unity in and of itself because they were all experiencing the same thing at the same time.

Application:
Ok so this one was really short because this verse confused me. Today, I will post this verse in my closet to remember to maintain this healthy and reverent fear of God and to let God work through me for His glory and not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment