Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year, New Adventure... IGNITE 2015




     Okay friends, if you've been around me at all in the past two years, you most likely know that I have been trying to to be involved in the Potter's Field Ministries IGNITE Internship Program since I graduated high school in June of 2013. There have been many bumps in the road in the past year and a half including financial issues and injury but as I write this, I am excited to share that I am exactly a week away from leaving for Guatemala to begin my Internship!
     Once I land in Guatemala on the 10th, the Program will begin on Monday, January 12th. Your prayers are so appreciated as I start this new adventure that will no doubt change my life. Here's a brief summary of what I will be doing while I'm gone if you haven't seen my blog until now:
     I have felt called to be involved in missions since I was a little girl and so, to hear about an opportunity like IGNITE was an answer to prayer. IGNITE Mission Training School is a training ground for young adults to become closer to Jesus in every way and bless others in the process. IGNITE is a yearlong missions internship in which students go to a training program in Antigua, Guatemala for three months and are then transferred to one of the various PFM stations in Africa, Central America, or Southeast Asia for 6 months where they serve in the missions field through helping local pastors, and loving on the children at the Potter’s Field Kids(PFK) programs. Students then go to the PFM Headquarters in Montana for a one month debriefing and reentry program and upon completion they will then return home and finish the IGNITE process by serving for two months at their home church wherever needed.
     While my hip pain has gotten better, it is not completely healed so I ask that you would please pray that I would be able to do everything that is asked of me this year. If you could also pray that what sometimes seem to be ever-present headaches would give me more of a break so that I can give all of my attention to God's plan for this year and not the pain.
     I have been so especially blessed this past year, between having an amazing family to live with, a great job, being taken care of financially for my trip, God's protection from more injuries and countless other blessings.
     I love you all and am so thankful for the support that I have received thus far, and I am pressing forward onto whatever adventure God has for me.
     Thank you for tuning in on this crazy ride I call my life, and I will keep updating my blog and Facebook throughout this year that I am gone.

~ His servant,
MaKayla


If you're new to this blog and what I am doing with IGNITE, please check out my other posts.

"Here am I! Send me!" - Isaiah 6:8
Check out the IGNITE website to see what it's all about:
http://www.pottersfield.org/10477/content/content_id/251896/What-is-IGNITE
Like my missions page on Facebook to get more updates: MaKayla's Mission Possible on Facebook
Contact me at my email address, which I will have access to this year: makaylaisross@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment