Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Field Time So Far... Month 3

Hi friends!
     So today marks six months since classes started for IGNITE Class 8 and three months since Team Guat landed back in here Guatemala for our serving period. Well, a lot has changed in the last 6 months but the biggest thing is the incredible change that God has made in my life and the amazing grace that He has shown me.
     In the month of June, a lot of changes have come for us in Guat. The Drey Family left June 14th while Theo came back on the 15th. We had two weeks off of teaching for the the kid's summer break(their school year goes from January-October with a break in June instead of September-June like in the States). During those two weeks, missions trips started coming and we did lots of outreaches with them. We choreographed a mime showing the life of Paul set to the song Oceans(in Spanish) and presented it at several locations throughout town while also doing worship, talking to people about Jesus, praying with them and inviting them to church. We also went to the dump at Esquintla to help with a soup kitchen while also hanging out with the kids. We helped throw birthday parties at the local hospital for people with different special needs who live there.


     After the 2 week break, we returned to teaching at the schools. Last week, I found out that I had amoebas resulting most likely from having water accidentally splashed in my mouth during water games at Kid's Club a month ago. Four out of the five of us got amoebas/parasites/bacteria from this. I finished my antibiotics yesterday and should be back to normal soon. :) This past Saturday, July 11th, 12 new students arrived here at the Potter's Field Center in Antigua for IGNITE Class 9 and they started classes yesterday. This month has definitely been a month of transition but during these six months, transition has become a norm, and of this I am very thankful. Change used to be very hard for me and while it's not exactly a piece of cake now, I have become much more flexible. God is so good and the things that He is showing me and my team individually and as a whole blow me away. Please keep us in your prayers!

Thank you for your support!

By His Grace,


MaKayla

No comments:

Post a Comment