Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Proverbs 3:5-6 Inductive Bible Study 5/5/15

Proverbs 3:5-6,”Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all you ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

Ok so these are verses that I have had memorized for as long as I can remember. My mom had a CD that put it to music and I think it was the theme verse for a VBS that I was a part of. But do I actually ever think about what these words mean? These verses hold amazing promises but when I get caught up in the chaos of life, I forget to hold on to these promises.
1) I can trust God with my heart. I need to trust Him with everything(my thoughts, my plans, my dreams, etc.) and I can because He is trustworthy. Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” He has known me and has had a plan for me since before the beginning of time. He knew the sin I would choose; He knew that I would know Him and still walk away from Him. But He has saved me and has a plan and good works that He wants me to walk in. He knows things that I don't because He can see the full picture at once. This tells me that I can trust Him with everything. I am His masterpiece. He loves me and He is taking care of me.
2) He will give me His understanding. If I'm not supposed to lean on my own understanding than this tells me that He is going to give me His understanding. I don't have to depend on what I know. I can give my weakness to Him and ask for His wisdom. This takes so much pressure off of me. I don't have to know what I'm doing on my own, I just need to look to the Creator of the universe and He will give me understanding.
3) He will be my guide. In everything I do, everywhere I go, every thought that I think, everything, I need to look to God. I need to look to what He says as important and ask Him to show me what to do every time that I need to make a decision. It's amazing to me that I get the privilege of walking with the Creator of the universe and that I can ask Him what I need to do. He will direct my paths. Like I already said, He has a plan for me. But I have free will and can choose to walk away from the good works that He has for me. But if I will trust in Him, lean on Him for understanding, and let Him direct my paths, He will guide me in the plan that He has for me.
It's amazing to have these promises in the midst of a hectic and ever-changing life. There is no need to worry no matter what is happening as long as I am trusting in Him because He is guiding me and I don't have to depend on myself.

Application:
I'm going to put these verses in the front of my school notebook so that I see it just about every day and when I get overwhelmed with what God has me doing right now(teaching English and the Bible in public schools in Guatemala) I will remember these promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment